02 November 2016
Netflix Announces Sixth and Final Season of "Longmire"
- Netflix announcing sixth and final season of Longmire
- "We are grateful to Netflix for the opportunity to compose a closing chapter for these beloved characters that inspires lasting memories. Most importantly, we’re committed to delivering a dynamic and satisfying conclusion to our fans that rewards their longtime loyalty,” said executive producers Greer Shephard, Hunt Baldwin and John Coveny.
- “We are proud to be the home of the Longmire series, as so many viewers over the last few seasons have watched and been captivated by Walt’s journey. There has been no better team to work with on this show than Greer, Hunt and John, and their tremendous cast and crew, and we have every confidence that they will have a satisfying conclusion to this revered series. We are grateful to them and our friends at Warner Bros, who have been tremendous partners,” said Cindy Holland, Netflix VP of original content.
- Final season will consist of 10 episodes to premiere in 2017 in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
- Longmire is produced by The Shephard/Robin Company in association with Warner Horizon Television. Hunt Baldwin (The Closer, Trust Me), John Coveny (The Closer, Trust Me), Greer Shephard (The Closer, Major Crimes, Nip/Tuck) and Michael M. Robin (The Closer, Major Crimes, Nip/Tuck) serve as executive producers.
- Longmire, the contemporary crime thriller set in Big Sky country, is based on the Walt Longmire mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson. The series stars Australian actor Robert Taylor (The Matrix) as Walt Longmire, the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming, along with Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica, Riddick), Lou Diamond Phillips (Southland, La Bamba), Cassidy Freeman (Smallville), Adam Bartley (Justified) and A. Martinez (General Hospital).